This Seth Godin blog entry really appealed to me. I’m feeling a little frustrated in my current role because I feel like I have constant friction with the people that I am trying to influence. I need to remember these points when I’m hitting road blocks, especially points 4-6.
- Grades are an illusion
- Your passion and insight are reality
- Your work is worth more than mere congruence to an answer key
- Persistence in the face of a skeptical authority figure is a powerful ability
- Fitting in is a short-term strategy, standing out pays off in the long run
- If you care enough about the work to be criticized, you’ve learned enough for today